Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A lil' bit of update

So it has been a while since I last updated my blog. The last one were tips on how to use assam jawa as a home made natural remedy to combat/cure illness. Oh well, many things have happened since the last 6 months. That is actually half a year to be exact. Been busy with work, yes. Been ill, yes. Been dealing with family, dad and emotional uncles and baggage, yes. Been busy with merisik and engagement, oh yes.

Before that, been busy quarrelling like hell with my now fiancĂ© like we were about to give up and break up but God is great. In malay they say “kalau ada jodoh tak ke mana” is literally true. I have a feeling that he is my jodoh in a true sense. Like we are made for each other albeit the differences in perangai. Well God mad us in pairs and we are suppose to complement each other not be the same. I thank God for that and I am grateful with what God gave me. And all of this commotion happened when I was just about to turn 30. Its like 30 is the magic number. Another turning point in life.

Even though there is a rainbow after the rain, it rained really heavily. As I was turning 30 and turned 30, I had to deal with my dad - forgiving and accepting my dad for the past and what he is now, I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease last month (I have been really sick for the last two months) and I decided to get married. As for my newly diagnosed illness, I didn’t realize how serious it was not until my face became so puffy and my weight went up to 57.5kg and climbing from 53kg then I suspected something was really wrong. I thought I was going fat and so I was, sad angry, bipolar and sick. It was horrible when I think about it now. I felt really horrible because I didn’t know what was going on with me at that time. I was on MC most of the time.

Now let us recap, I have endometriosis, non-specific colitis and gastric. Now to add on the list I have Sjogren Syndrome. Sjogren made me feel horrible because my parotid glands were swollen and I was lethargic with extreme mood swings. I had difficulty swallowing, sometimes difficulty in breathing because my throat feels tight and my jaw hurts. My face was utterly puffy until I look quite different from normal. I was exercising but instead of going down my weight went all the way up. I was really irritated and uncomfortable even on the smallest thing. I also had gastric reflux with Sjogren.

I went to all the clinics even ENT but none of them can tell me what was wrong with my face. Instead they ask me why my face if puffy. Stupid doctors. The only clinic that did some investigation was Drs. Young & Newton at Cap Square. I would recommend that clinic to anyone. Thanks to my brilliant brother who is a consultant radiologist at UH, I was finally receiving the right treatment. He did MRI, CT scan and ultrasound on me all in the span on 3 hours and he suspected autoimmune disease.  Off I went to a rheumatologist who confirmed its Sjogren with more blood tests.

So here is my update as for now. I shall continue more and educate you readers on what is Sjogren Syndrome. It is very important for me to spread this as it was really frustrating when doctors at clinics cant recognized the symptom and diagnose it properly. My life could have been in danger because like lupus or SLE, the antibody can attack the vital organs. 

So stay tune for my next coming updates….

No comments:

Post a Comment