Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mystified memories

A friend asked me just now, do I remember this and do remember that? Do I remember this person or that person? Sometimes I am still surprised that people remember me. In fact, I intentionally cut my hair short so that people wont recognize me. Mind you, I was even thinking of changing my face here and there just to be a different person. Haha











I realized that some of my memories are lost in the black. I cant recall some of it and it was completely gone. Well of course there is still some prominent ones which i can remember partially. and of course i can still remember a few selected people that has been etched on my mind for whatever reason. I did a survey as well this morning and it took me about an hour of concentration just to remember things. In the end, I cant even remember what exactly happened last year let alone five years ago.





I do suffer from memory loss which explains why I can be heartless now days. Some of it is intentional. I don’t want to remember and I lost it completely. Some of the timelines are jumbled up. It doesn’t flow correctly because of some of the links are missing. It must be the junks that I took during my heyday. Like they say, it fries the brain real good.











As good as it gets, I do feel empty sometimes. I cant remember exactly who, what , when and why. I do think about it sometimes that I feel the need to write down every single thing that happens in a year be it good or bad. Then I wont have too many questions in my head in the future.









The thing is that, im so good at getting back on my feet because of that loss, I keep doing it over and over again. I just leave whatever behind and I close myself up. I realize there is a drawback to that but I am dependent on it already. I would be so into my world that I leave the real world behind sometimes. I don’t care about anything anymore even though sometimes I have to care. I am becoming a narcissistic-selfish-cynic- egoistic person that some people might view it as arrogance and diva ish.











The actual truth is, infinite sadness is still in my heart but it is just kept in a Pandora’s box. To me life must go on regardless of what happened. I rely on my sunny disposition to protect myself from falling. One good thing about it is that it contributes to the feeling of bliss which I treasure. It’s good to know that I don’t remember things that I don’t want to remember.











I kind of recall last year I tried to open the box but I have thrown the key far away that it is now out of my reach. I wanted to unleash all the dark feelings. I was frustrated sometimes because I couldn’t cry. Even in pain I will laugh. I am becoming the mask that I wear. Although it scares me sometimes, it is better than being towed into a black hole and let myself drown at the bottom of an ocean. The mask is me and this is who I am now. Take it or leave it, its entirely up to you..



No comments:

Post a Comment