Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NESTLE FITNESSE 14 Day Challenge: Part I


As i was getting ready to go out on a saturday afternoon for lunch, i stepped on the scale to weigh myself as my clothes has been feeling a bit tight these days. True enough my weight stands at 55kg and that means my BMI is 23.8! Slightly more than the optimum BMI for asian women which should be around 23 and below. My ideal weight would be around 50 to 52kg and the last time my weight hit 55kg was way back in 2007. And so, i saw this Nestle Fitnesse 14 day challenge and went to the supermarket straight away and bought 3 big boxes for the 14 day challenge.

This program expects you to replace two meals a day with a bow of nestle fitnesse cereal with skimmed milk and a piece of fruit. Breakfast should be easy but lunch or dinner can be a bit tough. However, you can also vary the food intake ie. you can add on a glass of chocolate milk, a small tub of yoghurt, a bowl of vegetables, more fruits or maybe toss in  a scramble egg so you would not get so hungry on the diet. Remember, this is not about starving yourself but selecting healthy low calory food and not skimp on nutrients.





I have also registered myself for The Star online Shape Up Your Lifestyle 14 Day Challenge. The contest is running from 1 December 2010 to 28 December 2010. Contestants are to go on the recommended cereal diet and record a daily diary of  food intake and activities during the 14 days challenge in less than 150 words. Click on the link below to know more about the contest:


http://contests.thestar.com.my/nestle_fitnesse_14days/default.asp

The blog will record exactly what i submitted for the contest so follow me on my 14 days journey to drop a jeans size and wish me luck! :)



Day 1: Sunday, 5 Dec 2010
Today is the start of my 14 day program. Since i had a really late night last night and just recovered from flu the day before, it was not that exciting to eat only cereals for two meals. Breakfast: a bowl of cereal with milk, a glass of strawberry milk and a piece of fruit. Lunch: a half serving of nasi goreng pattaya with stir fried vegetable and a glass of orange juice. A piece of chicken bun for afternoon snack. Dinner: a bowl of cereal with milk and a plate of sotong kangkung. No exercise today as i am still feeling a bit tired.

Day 2:
Still feeling under the weather as i march on in day 2. No exercise today as i was too drowsy from all the medication and slept almost the whole day. Breakfast: A bowl of cereal with chocolate milk and a piece of fruit.Lunch: Half a portion of rice with vegetables, fried fish and oxtail soup. Dinner: A bowl of cereal with milk and a bowl of long beans and carrots sauteed with garlic and soy sauce.


Day 3:
Day 3 looked more promising as i  was feeling  better and  managed to slot in a half an hour  of brisk walking on the treadmill which burns about 100 calories. Breakfast: A bowl of cereal with milk ,an apple, a piece of papaya and  a small tub of yoghurt. Lunch: Rice with fried fish, curry ,and  ulam.  Half a chocolate croissant for afternoon snack. Dinner: A bowl of cereal with milk and  salad with 2 pieces of grilled small prawns, a piece of grilled fish cutlet and small  beef cubes.


Day 4:
Its a working day today and i am back in the office.  Started  the day with walking as i park my car two blocks away from the office.  As part of my exercise plan, no more taking the  lift from today onwards so i took the stairs instead from ground floor to level 3. During lunch i walked about 3 blocks away from my office to Pavillion  to have lunch and walked back to office. Wow, l love it that i do alot of walking today :)  My food diary for today- Breakfast as usual with cereal and two pieces of fruits. Lunch:  half a serving of fried rice with chicken , a small bowl of tomyam soup and mango salad. Ate two more pieces of fruits for afternoon snack to keep me full until dinner. Dinner: I had to improvise as i had to eat dinner with the family. I ended up with a quarter  piece of murtabak, a piece of fruit and half a bowl of cereal with milk.






Day 5:
I continued on with my walking and stairs climbing routine. Today was quite a challenge as it is my mom’s birthday and we went out for dinner. I had Japanese food for lunch and my mom wanted to have Japanese for dinner as well. So I had to eat Japanese food twice today haha :p Breakfast: The usual cereal with milk, two pieces of fruits and a small bottle of magnolia good morning milk. Lunch: Half a bowl of rice topped with crab omelette and gravy, 4 pieces of salmon sushi and green tea. Dinner: Some sashimi, beef tataki, a soft shell crab hand roll and a spider maki. I think dinner was quite healthy because I ate mostly protein and tried to skimp on the rice.

Day 6:
It’s Friday and I can smell the weekends already!  :) Oh I missed out something in the calendar yesterday – I actually managed to slot in a 40 minutes running on the treadmill before dinner and that was a good progress. Sticking on to my usual workday routine today, breakfast was the usual. I managed to go the gym during lunch for a 45 minutes workout. Lunch was a bowl of cereal and milk again because I was too lazy to look for food..Dinner was half a serving of nasi pattaya and beef paprik.


Day 7: 

It was Saturday and I woke up late. So had lunch half a plate of fried kueytiow. Ate lots of fruits. Since lunch was late I had an early dinner at about 7pm with a bowl of cereal. I went out to hang out with friends and it was really tough as there was food around and I was feeling a bit more hungry than usual. So I had toast and egg around 9pm and supper of capati with a piece of tandoori chicken at 3am to satisfy my grumbling stomache. Since I did not have breakfast, I think the calories I took for the day was still alright. I also managed to exercise for about 40 minutes on the bicycle.



To be continued so stay tuned...............


1 comment:

  1. uh... u're not the only one put on weight :( all the best to us from losing weight hehehe

    ReplyDelete