Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A winning entry :)

I stumbled across a website last week called the Receipt Stories and thought it was rather interesting. I can’t really remember where I read about it but I decided to submit two short story entries anyway. Basically in Receipt Stories, you can share any of your short stories, poem or haiku provided that it is not more than 100 words. You can send in as many entries as you want and if you are lucky, you will be picked as one of the winning stories.

To my surprise, I received an email yesterday from receipt stories @ book Xcess congratulating me that one of my entries has been selected as one of the winners in the 7th round of their short stories campaign. Selected winners will receive a RM20 vouchers (valid until 31st Jan 2011), Pandanus Bookmark and Bookxcess Bookmark Autumn Edition.

And, the best part is - the stories will be printed on the receipts for 14 days from 6th Dec 2010 to 19th Dec 2010! So, if you ever go to buy books at bookXcess on those dates, keep a lookout on the receipts alright J It would look like this..




Yup, that’s my story alright with the title ‘more than words’. It's a bit small to read over here so i suggest you to click on the link below to read more of the story:


http://bookxcessblog.com/



This would be the first time in my life that my work has ever been published! J ‘More than words’ is actually an excerpt of my blog that I wrote back in 2008. If you could go back to the archive in November 2008, the piece is called ‘Contrary niceties’. You can read the rest of the post after the excerpt so you would understand the whole piece.

Personally, I think this is an excellent campaign from BookXcess. Apart from promoting its books and stores, this campaign aims to encourage Malaysians to read and write. You will be surprised of the many entries where people always have something to write and to express themselves.

I’ve always had a dream to publish my work and Receipt Stories definitely give a good kick start of confidence and encouragement. Even though it is just on a receipt, I’m still proud of myself. Maybe I shouldn’t give up on my dream yet ;)

So, do join in the fun either by writing in an entry or reading the posted entries J

Click on:  

No comments:

Post a Comment